How To Prepare Light Soup
Welcome to our blog, In todays topic, we will be talking about how to prepare light soup. We will give you all the steps you need on how to prepare light soup. Kindly Stay With Us.
Ghana light soup is a straightforward but delectable soup that is popular in the nation. A classic Sunday lunch of light soup and fufu is generally followed by a sleep. This easy-to-make Ghana chicken light recipe hits all the right flavor notes and is my interpretation of the well-known spicy, light soup.
For those who do not know, soup is consumed differently in West Africa than it is in most other regions of the world. Instead of being consumed on their own, soups are typically paired with starchy main dishes such rice, pasta, yam, and swallow (fufu, eba, banku, pounded yam, amala, etc.). Any of the above-mentioned starchy main dishes go well with this Ghanaian light soup.
The key distinction between Ghana light soup and the majority of other soups eaten in the area is how thin and watery it is. Another distinction is that, unlike other soups, which combine the three ingredients raw before cooking, this soup first boils the peppers, tomatoes, and onions before liquidizing them.
Scotch bonnet peppers taste better when they have been cooked before being blended, rather than merely being used for heat. The soup’s flavors were enhanced by the way the soup’s sweet and fruity undertones came to life.
500g diced goat or half a chicken, diced
6 whole tomatoes
Half a kpakpo shito (or hot pepper)
50g tomato puree
1 aubergine (also known as a garden egg in Ghana)
Fufu, banku or rice
• In a blender, combine the washed ingredients—ginger, garlic, chilli, one onion, and three tomatoes—along with the seasonings. Blend until a paste forms.
• Place the mix on the meat with and marinade for 10 minutes.
• Place the meat in a pan cook gently for 10 minutes.
• Add tomato puree cook for 10 minutesadd water 500ml of water and simmer until the meat is tender.
• Dice and add the remaining three tomatoes, the diced aubergine, and the last chopped onion. Cook for 30 minutes.
• Re-add the soup after removing the onions and tomatoes and blending it. Then heat till simmering. according to taste.
• Serve with fufu, banku or rice.
Thank you for reading our todays post on how to prepare light soup. We hope our todays post on how to prepare light soup has been helpful to you.